Wednesday, January 28, 2009

There's something magical about a snow day...


There's something magical about a snow day...well in our case an ice day. Not only do you get the day off from school, but anything can happen. I remember growing up in Indiana. In the winter you LIVED for the days when you woke up and it had snowed all night. First thing you did was turn on the tv to see if school had been cancelled. Seeing the name of your school on the tv telling you that school was cancelled was THE best feeling in the world! Well today we woke up to EVERYTHING iced over. The front porch, the drive, the grass, the trees and bushes, our cars. I mean EVERYTHING was covered in ice. Dave came in to tell me that everything was iced over and I had a flashback to when I was younger..."I hope that school is cancelled." Well sure enough school was cancelled! Of course now as a mom of four kids, my excitement just isn't quite the same as it was when I was in school. But I still felt excited at checking the tv to see if our school district, (forney isd) was going to be closed. It's been a good day and the kids have been playing with friends and just enjoying their day off and now I'm enjoying that the sun is melting and drying up all the ice.

Enjoy your snow (ice) day kids because tomorrow it's back to school!


My poor car! We couldn't get the doors open.


Checking out the ice on the swing.
Are flip flops proper winter attire?




Taylor trying to skateboard down the driveway.


Still in flip flops.
Where is his mother?



Hunter, Christian and Elijah on tour


Jake helping the little boys out on Guitar Hero



Our tree out front


out back


A couple of pictures I took on my way to the store.

2 comments:

Wharton Family said...

I just love it when we have ice days. We have woods all around us so it's like a magical crystal forest. Too bad for us we still have school on these days.
p.s. we are now up to 67" of snow fall this year and I love the flip flops.

Carrie Dixon said...

I love the random pics of the tree, flower and waterfall. How beautiful!