Saturday, January 24, 2009

"if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball"


Last night was the 2nd annual mother, son dodge ball game at the elementary school. We didn't go last year and so this year Hunter really wanted to go. I was a bit concerned about getting pelted with balls, but I figured how hard could boys in k-2 grade throw a ball right? Well it wasn't the kids I should have been worried about, it's the MOM'S! They were the ones to watch out for. Apparently last year some mom's got a little TOO into it and so this year they added a twist to the game. We all had to sit on these little rolling boards. Let me tell you that is a work out for your legs. There still were some mom's who were a little too competitive, but Hunter and I had a BLAST! I will say he was way better than me at not falling off the scooter, that is an automatic out. Of course he did have several advantages. First he is closer to the ground than me and second they play this in P.E. We really did enjoy ourselves and it was so fun to spend an hour with just him.

Eating pizza before the big game.



Trying to stay on the board and not get hit.



2 comments:

Carrie Dixon said...

That seems like soooo much fun. Your guys school looks like so much fun and they seem so creative.

eva said...

How fun!!! That would be a fun mutual activity...ward against ward! I am a lucky grandma