Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thanks Dr. King for a day off

Monday was MLK which means to school kids and dads who work for the city a day off! The kids wanted to do something other than stay home and so Dave thought it would be fun to go ice skating. Unfortunately Amber had a couple of doctor appointments so her and I couldn't go. I was bummed because this would be the first time for Taylor and Hunter. Jake and Taylor had no problem mainly because they know how to roller blade really well. Hunter held onto the side at first, but started venturing out little by little. Dave was able to take a few pictures with my old camera and some video. He even took a picture of the Zamboni machine for Amber. She secretly wants to do that when she grows up! The kids had a BLAST and want to go again soon.

Hitting the rink


Stopping for a quick pose.


Getting a feel for the ice


A natural on the ice


Taylor going strong


He let go of the side...YEAH!!


LOVE this picture! They are having such a good time.


Amber LOVES the Zamboni machine. She hopes one day to drive it.




Hunter totally eats it! "OH MY BOOTY"

Go Taylor

2 comments:

Wright said...

The last pic of Taylor and Jake is my favorite! I love how happy they look - blow that up and put it on the fridge, so you can look at it when they are fighting and remind yourself that they actually do love each other!

The Texas Links said...

Oh, my booty! Very cute! Looks like they had a great time. Was Dave skating backward to get those shots? I've nver been ice-skating--so that would be pretty impressive to me.