Wednesday, November 25, 2009

2nd grade Thanksgiving feast



Friday the 2nd grade had a Thanksgiving feast. The kids could dress up as either a Pilgrim or Indian. Well of course I waited to the last minute to come up with a costume for Hunter. We had a Pocahontas dress that my mom had made Amber when she was 4 and I thought, oh Hunter could wear it as a shirt. I almost had him convinced, but then he realized it was a dress and honestly it was a bit too small. Next best thing....a grocery bag Indian vest!! I know how to make that and I received a good tip from my friend Lara. Crinkle up the bag first. That way it's not all stiff and it won't ride up around their neck as much. GREAT idea and it worked perfectly!! I also made him a head band with feathers glued to it. He thought that was AWESOME. Thank goodness he is still easily amused by my handiwork. It all turned out great and a good time was had by all!


Showing off his juice and spiffy Indian vest. I was EXTRA creative with the fringe along the bottom.


The impressive Indian head band I made. Hunter said the end of the feathers kept poking his head.


Enjoying the bountiful feast!


Mrs. Bergan's 2nd grade class.
Check out the stylish pilgrim in the gray sweater and hat.

3 comments:

eva said...

i love the vest!

Sariah said...

Oh, Hunter! Gavin missed you like craazy! Just last night he shed a "I miss my Texas friends" tear and I was so sad for him! Miss ya buddy!

Sariah said...

Oh, and come up for a visit any time Hunter and you'll always have a soda in the fridge for you whenever you want...without having to ask. Love ya!