Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13th.....not UN-lucky!

Friday the 13th has the distinction of being unlucky. WELL, NOT this time! The schools decided to make yesterday a non uniform day. Needless to say the kids were THRILLED! Taylor and Hunter were allowed to wear jeans and a green shirt, to help celebrate St. Patty's day early and the start of Spring Break! Jake and Amber were also allowed to wear jeans. So to them that made Friday the 13th a VERY lucky day! Yesterday was also the Accelerated Reading party for this 12 weeks at the elementary school. I'm in charge of the AR program and this time I had arranged for the Dallas Zoo to come. They have a program called "Feature Creature" where they will bring three animals from the zoo to show and talk about. They brought a furry little fellow that I can't remember what it was called, I think it was a Kickachoo. However, I kept calling it a Picachoo! A beautiful colorful parakeet named Chili and a 40lb Boa Constrictor. It was VERY cool and interesting to see them up close and learn about them. Then right after that there was the academic pep rally. It was a BUSY day at the elementary school! At the pep rally, Taylor was given the award, "Student of the Six Weeks" for her class. That award is given to the student who shows kindness, respect and is helpful to others during the six weeks. I must say that REALLY is Taylor. She is all three of those things! I am SO proud of her!!!
The Jr. High also had a pep rally where the 8th grade teachers played basketball against the 8th grade basketball team. According to Jake the kids DOMINATED! I wished I could have attended that as well. It sounded like it was a lot of fun.
Really the only thing about yesterday day being unlucky was the non-stop rain and because we can always use the rain, that was even lucky!


Isn't this little fellow cute!


Chili who comes from South America.


The kids LOVED Sally, but some of the teachers were FREAKED out by her.



Hunter and Taylor enjoying the presentation from the Dallas Zoo


Waiting for the pep rally to begin.


Taylor with her Certificate, pencil and free kids meal from Chik-fi-la (yum!)

2 comments:

Carrie Dixon said...

Way to go Taylor! I LOVE me some Chickfila!!! I am not sure what to think about "picachoo" though! He is kinda creepy!!

Sariah said...

That's so cool! I bet the kids loved it! I'll have to get Gavin in that program next year!