Saturday, September 6, 2008

Soccer mom




Yes, I am the ultimate cheering soccer mom at my kids games. So much so that I don't even realize when the refs have blown their whistle and the game has stopped. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE watching my kids play and yelling for them. Of course it completely embarrasses my kids, especially when I am yelling for the wrong color of jersey or team name. Come on, I have three kids playing, it is a little hard for me to keep track of names and colors!
Today was Jakes first official game of the season and first game with the Jackals. THEY WON!!! It was just an exciting first game! So different from the previous two seasons. He has great coaches who are positive, encouraging and just simply know what they are doing. Jake is really thriving this season. Today he won the "heart of the game award". He wasn't backing down and gave his all for the entire game. I am so excited for the rest of the season. I'm not sure how many games I'll make once Taylor and Hunter start their season, but till then I will be at every one of Jakes cheering!
GO JACKALS!!!!!

4 comments:

Carrie Dixon said...

He will be back tomorrow...we are getting ready though. Cute pics of the kids. I would have liked to put some of the kids in soccer this fall but with Guy just getting back I didnt want anything extra to have to do!

kerri said...

Stefanie,
I can totally relate! Carl and Amanda often times have to walk away for a minute or sit by somebody else for fear of others knowing they are with me. I love, love, love watching and cheering for my kids when they are participating in sports (and dance Amanda) I am not the quiet mom on the sidelines. I am currently a team mom for Austen who plays football and I constantly here Amanda say "mom.. really, be quiet" Good for you!!
Kerri

Carrie Dixon said...

Jake is soo grown up! I love the pic with Dave in the background feeling left out...so he ducks in quick to get in the pic..maybe thats just the way I perceived it..LOL

Sariah said...

You are my soccer mom role model! One day I hope to grow up and be like you! That is, if my kids ever decide they want to play soccer! Gavin has no desire, but Reese, she's all over it! I need to figure out how to get her signed up!