Monday, September 29, 2008

Family night

I was talking with a friend from church about the upcoming General Conference this weekend and how to get our kids prepared and thinking about it. She had a great idea for family night and I used it tonight and it went great! I had Jake make us a tent/fort in the living room. Then all of us got underneath it and talked about King Benjamin and how it's like General Conference. I even likened his tower to a satellite tower so as many people as possible can hear! we talked about how all the people came to the temple, pitched their tents and listened to him. It was a really fun time, the kids paid attention, answered questions and made really good comments. I am thankful for nights like this, when the kids have fun together and we can teach and learn more about the gospel of Christ. After the lesson we had some of Taylor's most delicious cupcakes...yum,yum!
Hum...I wonder if this weekend they will listen better if we set up the tent?!
THANKS Kathi for a GREAT idea!


3 comments:

kerri said...

What a neat mom you are! Lucky, lucky kids!
Kerri

Sariah said...

FABULOUS idea! I really like this b.c in our family scripture reading we are RIGHT in Mosiah talking about King Benjamin! Perfect! I'm going to steal this idea!

How cute is your family under that tent!?!?

The Texas Links said...

Great idea! I'm gonna use this one too, K?