Friday, November 21, 2008

About 3 things I was absolutely positive...

First, when you get four grown women, their daughters and BFF'S together, we all become about 15,
Second, the longer we were in the movie line and the later it got the more silly we became,
And third, we ALL have fallen unconditionally and irrevocably in love with Edward.

AAHHH Twilight! What a fun, Fun, FUN night we had waiting and seeing this movie. I honestly can say this is the first time I have laughed this hard since moving here, over a year ago. We arrived at the theater 4 and 1/2 hours early, which, I must say I was totally against going so early, but glad I was overruled. Thank you Sarah for helping me see the light on that! There was already a line inside the theater and had we waited any longer to go we would have been waiting outside in the FREEZING wind and cold. Because we wanted good seats we nixed the idea of having a fun girls night dinner. We, however made the most of the situation and had movie theater hot dogs and nachos....YUMMY!, while sitting on the lobby floor. We were the talk of the crowd with our custom made Twilight shirts. We couldn't just settle for a store bought generic Team Edward shirt, OH NO, we, under the direction of our master photo shopper, Jenni, photo shopped our faces over Bella's to reveal Edwards TRUE loves, then transferred them onto our shirts.






I will say the best accessorizer goes to Tammi for her AWESOME Cullen family crest bracelet.

After the lobby filled to maximum capacity they allowed us to finish waiting in the actual theater in the nice comfy seats. Jenni had thought of everything to help keep us awake. She busted out a Twilight trivia game she found to see which one of us was a TRUE Cullen. It was a close race between Sarah and I, but luckily I proved victorious. I wore my first place ribbon with PRIDE! Finally, after MUCH waiting, eating and EXTREME laughing it was time for the movie to start. OHHHHHH!!!!! SO worth the 4 and 1/2 hour wait. I won't go into any detail so as not to spoil it for anyone who chose not to go to the midnight showing. Just know that all 8 of us are even MORE in love with Edward than when we walked in. In the words of Sariah, a fellow Twilight follower it was YUMMY!!
Kudos go out to Amber and BFF Carlie for getting home at 3am and then getting up and going to seminary at 6am. You girls are AWESOME! Thanks Jenni for driving, providing the games, and souvenir Edward and Jenni in love forever frig magnet, Sarah, for your VAST knowledge of everything Twilight, Maggie for wearing your snappy, stripped boots and WAY cool hat, Tammi for bringing Amber and BFF Carlie Chik-Fil-A and DD Loren for sharing your birthday with us. Amber, Carlie, Maggie and Loren thanks for thinking us moms were cool enough to go to this movie with you. I truly had a night, well morning to remember.
Dave asked "once this movie is over I hope this will be the end of the Twilight, Edward obsession?" YES....for NOW, that is until the next movie comes out! Get ready girls....I CAN'T WAIT!!

7 comments:

The Texas Links said...

I had a FANTASTIC time!! So glad I sat by you and laughed my guts out with you. We'll do the same next movie--until then.........dream, dream, dream.......Edward.

kerri said...

A few years ago Larry Miller got smart... all of his theatres have pre selected seating!! No more getting there hours before the movie to make sure you get a good seat,and get to sit together. When you purchase your tickets online or early at the theatre, you pick your seats as well. It's a wonderful thing!! Although... sometimes the waiting for hours in line is half the excitement of it all!! Glad you girls had such a great time. I saw it tonight as well... love, love loved it!!

Stefanie said...

What a GREAT idea!! Maybe that idea will start spreading. Although, it was REALLY fun waiting in line! Glad you loved it. I can't wait for number 2.

Carlie said...

I had a blast!!! Carlie Cullen jsut kind of rolls off the tounge nicely.

Sariah said...

Your shirts are FANTASTIC! You really went all out and I think that's fabulous! I really enjoyed the movie too, even at midnight.

Horsley Family said...

You crack me up! Twilight was way too fun. Brett went with us. He loved the movie too. Funny huh!? What a fun couple of posts. I am so glad that we have found eachother again. It is so fun to see what is going on with your cute family. You are one awesome lady!

Wharton Family said...

Emily loved your awesome t-shirts. We both loved reading the books. My sister took Emily and my niece Erin to see the movie and I have yet to see it. I don't want to go alone but maybe I will. What's this about freezing? I giggle at this because we are having days that get to a balmy 35 degrees. Later, Michelle