Friday, November 28, 2008

Let's talk turkey

Happy Thanksgiving one and all! What a great day to remember all that we are thankful for and we are indeed blessed. I am thankful for all of you my friends and family. You have touched mine and my families life in one way or another and feel blessed to have you in our lives.

Yesterday started out with the annual Turkey bowl. Both wards got together and had a good game of touch football. Dave even scored. YEAH Dave!

We were invited to our friends, the Whites, house for Thanksgiving dinner. They had invited another really nice family too and so there were 21 people there. Mostly kids! Everyone brought great food to share. Dave smoked a ham, which was AWESOME, and mashed potatoes and I baked a very yummy pecan pie. Lara and Jason had soaked the turkey in brine overnight and I must say that the turkey was VERY moist. Everything was so good that we held to tradition and totally stuffed ourselves. I was bummed because I didn't leave any room for pumpkin or my yummy pecan pie.
Look at all that food!!


Jake carving the ham.

Loadin up






The kids had a great time jumping on the trampoline and then Jason, our host made marshmallow guns for the kids and so it was game on! The kids had a blast shooting each other with mini marshmallows. Of course the little kids were great about keeping it outside, it was the big kids who brought the fight inside. After we left their house we went to another friends house and hung out there for awhile. They had tons of food, but I was still too full to even think about eating. I did get to eat some of my pecan pie this morning for the traditional leftover breakfast. It was simply DELICIOUS!
What a GREAT day spent with GREAT friends!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Sounds like a FABULOUS Thanksgiving! I love that Dave brought over a ham. I'm not a big Turkey fan and would love a ham over turkey on the big day!