Monday, November 10, 2008

Happy 233rd Birthday Devil Dogs!

Today marks the 233rd birthday of the Marine Corps. Since Dave is now retired and we do not live by a base, we decided to have our own birthday celebration. I ordered a cake from Wal*Mart and we reenacted the ceremonial cutting of the cake and the passing of the cake from the oldest Marine, which of course was Dave, to the youngest Marine. Well we didn't actually have a young Marine so Hunter stepped up, which was ok because although he isn't a Marine he sometimes plays one. Happy Birthday and Semper Fi.....OOOOOO-RAH!

Check out the Commandants birthday message.

2 comments:

Carrie Dixon said...

Too funny Stef! You know I woke up and went into the kitchen where Guy was and I told him "Happy Birthday"...he was like..what are you talking about Carrie? I just looked at him..he said really what is going on? I said,"its the Marine Corps birthday"! I think we get more excited and wrapped up in it than them sometimes. LOL

Sariah said...

Happy Birthday!!! And, a very merry Veteran's day to you too!