Sunday, November 23, 2008

If you read they will come...


This year I decided to get really involved with the elementary school that Taylor and Hunter go to and I not only joined the PTO, but I am a board member. I coordinate the Accelerated Reading program. The kids get to read books for points and then when they reach a certain amount we give them prizes. This six weeks a party was planned as their reward. I wanted something different for the kids than the Mavericks mascot or bounce house, so I remembered seeing something on this man David Hartwig and his dog Skidboot. I found him online and called him up. Well, unfortunately Skidboot had passed away, but he had another dog like Skidboot that did alot of his same tricks, Bois D Arc is his name. Luck was on my side because David Hartwig lives in Quilan, Texas which is not too far from us and he agreed to come and bring Bois D Arc and his horse Cheyanne, who also performs. The kids loved it and I was able to get a few pictures of Taylor with his dogs, Bois D Arc and little Skidboot. If you've not seen him, check him out on YouTube.

David, Bois D Arc and Little Skidboot




Cheyanne


Taylor, Bois D Arc and Little Skidboot


Taylor and her friend Cassidy

2 comments:

kerri said...

What a neat mom you are! I wish I was able to do more at Austen's school... fun!

Wharton Family said...

Wow! what a fun day you planned. I loved watching Skidboot and am sorry to hear that he has passed. You earned extra brownie points with this one.