Monday, June 29, 2009

From Dracula Black to Heat Miser Red

When Jake was about 10 he wanted to be Dracula for Halloween. In order for Jake to look like Dracula he would need to dye his blonde hair black. Well I could not find any temporary black hair dye so I thought why not use regular hair dye, it won't be that bad. So I did! I actually thought that it would fade pretty quickly. I was wrong. After several weeks we ended up shaving his head. Fast forward several years. He thought it would be fun to do it again just for the heck of it. Because there is a strict dress code here in the school district, I told him he would have to wait for the last day. I bought the dye and was ready to do it, when Abi, his girlfriend and her friend Stephanie came over and wanted to do it. They had a good time dying his hair and he even let me take some pictures of him. (SHOCKING!!)




Rinsing out the dye. It's looking pretty dark!





Stephanie (in white) and Abi (in yellow)
Getting ready to unveil their master dye job!


Dave thinks he looks like one of the Ramones.


Jake got tired of the black hair and wanted to bleach it back to his natural color. Him and Amber bought some blonde hair dye and went to work. Well, it didn't really come out the way they had planned....Jake is now a red head. It's actually the color of my hair when I was younger...minus the small bits of black and roots that are blonde.



The first bleach go around. Jake is not looking too thrilled and Taylor looks like a Who from Whoville.


This the the color Jake's hair turned after Amber bleached it. She missed some black spots and so was bleaching it again.


He Looks like the Heat Miser!
"I'm Mr. Green Christmas, I'm Mr. Sun, doo doo doo doot, I'm Mr. Heat blister, I'm Mr. 101!"

2 comments:

kerri said...

He looks like his mothers son! :)

Sariah said...

I like his current hair color! So sassy!