Sunday, April 26, 2009

Relay for Life in honor of Grammie Marilyn


Taylor and Hunter's school is supporting Relay for Life this year. The students were given the opportunity to get an illumination bag to decorate in honor of a loved one or someone they knew who was affected by cancer. We decided that Taylor and Hunter could get a bag and decorate it in honor of Grammie Marilyn who lost her battle with cancer this year. Grammie Marilyn isn't really our gramma. She is my brother's mother in law who had a VERY kind heart and she LOVED being a gramma. Whenever we got together with my brother and his family and Grammie Marilyn was there she always treated my kids like they were her grand kids. We have fun memories of her at my brothers house and also at Disneyland. Hunter still remembers about how he got to ride on her lap in the wheelchair at Disney. She was a WONDERFUL person who LOVED to smile and laugh. In fact that is how I will always remember her, laughing. I'm pretty sure she is in heaven right now looking down on us and laughing. It was a privilege to know her and I'm grateful that she is part of our family.
You are missed Grammie Marilyn!

Taylors side of the bag


Hunter showing his side of the bag

2 comments:

Sariah said...

This is so great! I was thinking about doing this with Gavin, but forgot! Not cool, as I'm sure Gavin's G'pa would have really been honored. Good job on the bag Taylor and Hunter!

Wharton Family said...

I have not been on your site in such a long time. You take such great pictures and I love seeing what you are all up too. I love the pictures of Taylor in the blue bonnets and Hunter reading. Tell Dave I said "GO WINGS!"