Sunday, February 15, 2009

Be my Valentine...

Taylor and Hunter were VERY excited for Friday because it was PARTY time. Yes, Valentines celebrations were in full force at the elementary school. Normally the school staggers the parties by grade so that we can attend the different parties and not be racing around the school trying to make more than one party. But this year they were both at the same time. The principal gave the school her own Valentine gift by making it a non uniform day. The kids were able to wear jeans and a red shirt. I went to Taylor's party first since I needed to help. They had ice cream sundae's in waffle bowls...YUMMY! When I asked one girl if she wanted sprinkles or syrup she said "no I'll just have WHUPPING cream", YIKES are we in the south or WHAT! I helped serve those, took a few pictures, looked at all the cool Valentine boxes the kids made and then raced off to Hunter's. They also had ice cream sundae's but were all done by the time I got there. When I got to his room they were opening their Valentines and eating all the candy they got. Needless to say a bunch of first grades hyped up on sugar was LOUD and CRAZY. I was able to get some cute pictures of him and his friends before the party ended. Both parties were lots of fun and I'm so glad I was able to go to both and spend some time with the kids in their classrooms.
Here are some fun pictures of the parties

With one of my favorite Valentines.


Waffle bowl sundaes....YUMMY!


Getting every last drop of ice cream!


Taylor's class


Taylor and the oh so cute Valentine Box she made.


Hunter's table


With his buddies


What goofy kids!


Hunter's cute Valentine bag he made.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Taylor's box is AWESOME!!! Love the cute pink buttons!