Friday, August 8, 2008

AAAHHHH!! Spider!!!



Yesterday as I was on one of many trips to taxi the kids around I saw all these bales of hay. Actually, we see them everywhere around here. I find them so interesting. As funny as it may sound but I guess I find them beautiful against the green (well now it's kinda brown, lack of rain) and the blue and sometimes cloudy skies. You will just be driving around and sometimes in the middle of a neighborhood there will just be all these round bales of hay. Well, yesterday I brought my camera with me and stopped to take a picture of them. It was on the side of the road where I thought I could get fairly close and get a good picture. Well....as I trudged thru all the knee or higher grass/weeds I stepped in an ant hill and was soon the tasty treat of many ants. So once I recovered from that I was trying to get closer and ignoring the "please do not tresspass" sign, when...AAAAAHHHHHH the BIGGEST spider I think I've ever seen, I think it could have eaten me, really! Ok that MIGHT be a tad bit dramatic, but really it scared the crap out of me. After the intial shock I took a few pictures of it to show the kids.

4 comments:

Molly said...

NEAT!

I mean, I am glad I am not the one taking the picture but it sure is cool looking at that terrifying spider up close in the safety of my sprayed house....

ewe now im feeling all itchy.

Stefanie said...

I agree!! The pest control people came today to make sure none of those pesky little guys get into this house!

Carrie Dixon said...

yuck!! I hate spiders..there is no way I would have gotten out of the car to get that close to that spider!! Your really brave!

The Texas Links said...

Do I really need to say it...EVERYTHING'S BIGGER IN TEXAS! Even the spiders. He's harmless though--it's those ants you need to worry about. They eat whole people in like 5 minutes.