Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rain, rain go away....

Yesterday and last night we had the most CRAZY thunder, lightening, rain storm. Honestly, it reminded me of when we were in Japan and a typhoon was coming. At one point last night it was raining so hard we could barely see our neighbor's house that is right across the street. The sky turned a really dark, scary color and the wind whipped up and it felt like a tornado was coming. We did lose our power and being the well prepared people we are we didn't have any extra double A batteries and I only had tea lights. Thank goodness the Wii remotes had double A's! After the rain and wind stopped, Dave, Taylor, Hunter, Jake and our friend Scotty went to survey the damage. Our rocking chair was on the side of the house in pieces, the neighbors little tree was uprooted a bit and the creek by our house was flooded and the water was rushing pretty fast. Also there was this HUGE snake in the middle of the road. Dave and the kids weren't about to touch it and it looked like it was in pretty bad shape. After several people stopped to check it out, one guy stopped his truck and took out his knife and chopped it's head off. YUCK!!! Of course I had to go down and take pictures of it. It was just HUGE!

The sky after the storm


The creek by our house. Normally there is a little stream, that you can barely see.
The water was rushing pretty fast


Our poor rocker was blown off the porch around the house and totally destroyed.



EEEEEKKKKK!!!! The behead snake


The head....yuck!


Ok, he must have just had dinner, poor little mouse.....SO GROSS!!!!

9 comments:

Wright said...

love the pic of the sky! We didn't venture out after the storm - we stayed in and played games. I wish I would have though, looks like there may have been some great photo opportunities!

kerri said...

I am so grossed out!! Red this last night, shortly after dinner... needless to say... I couldn't even stay on long enough to leave a comment, I thought I would throw up!! The snake is way too big!! How long was it?

kerri said...

Yes, I can spell read! Sorry!

Ruckman Clan said...

Crazy, All we get in 29 is wind and sand. Enjoy a little rain for us.

The Texas Links said...

That is a huge snake......it probably won't be the last one you see or kill. Poor little mouse.

Carrie Dixon said...

Ok yeah that is a really nasty snake!!! Cool pics of the sky though.

kerri said...

Have a GREAT Mothers Day Stefanie!

Wharton Family said...

Ok, that was gross and I don't feel bad for the little mouse. Mice gross me out more than snakes. When we lose power I raid every hand held game the kids have for batteries.

Sariah said...

Love those pictures! I "borrowed" some of the snake ones for when/if I ever get on my blog again! lol.