Tuesday, October 5, 2010

General Conference Sunday....SUNDAES!

The first weekend in October is General Conference Sunday. Growing up I LOVED when it was General Conference weekend. It meant that we got to stay home, watch church on tv and stay in our jammies. When my kids were little we would go to the church and watch conference, but it seemed like I spent more time in the cry room and I didn't get too much out of it. The BYU channel and computers have made it where we can stay home again in our jammies and watch conference. This conference we decided that we would head over to the church to watch the Sunday morning session. Of course this meant getting dressed in our Sunday clothes, which I will be honest didn't make the kids too happy. After conference we came home to a new treat/tradition...General Conference Sundaes!! (thanks Lara for a GREAT idea!!) It was a BIG hit and OH SO YUMMY!!! I can hardly wait for April when it's conference again and.....GENERAL CONFERENCE SUNDAES!!!


YUM!!!

2 comments:

Carrie Dixon said...

What a GREAT idea!!!

Sariah said...

Gotta have great food with conference! Makes it all the more fun! And I can't believe you actually got dressed and WENT to conference. I haven't done that in... since I was a kid!