Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A visit from Gramma Dawna!


Getting my mom to travel anywhere, ESPECIALLY by airplane is MAJOR! So when I actually was able to convince her to come visit us here in Texas it was not only exciting but shocking to say the least! We planned it so she could be here for Hunter's 8th birthday. We had a nice visit I just wished it could have been longer.


Me and my mom.


Mom LOVES to shop at random stores and always finds things that are different and interesting. She brought the kids a fun game that we use to play when I was little, Pick-Up-Sticks. Taylor and Hunter LOVED playing it with her. You have to have pick up a stick without moving the others. The kids developed a sharp eye and became VERY cut throat players!


Gramma gave Hunter a card with eight 1 dollar bills in it. He was SUPER excited!!


My mom has ALWAYS played the piano. Some of my best memories are laying in my bed on Sunday mornings listening to her play her favorite songs and hymns. I LOVE to hear her play and think she is the BEST piano/organ player EVER! I miss hearing her play!!


Taylor asked Gramma to play a song for her so she could sing. I wished I would have recorded it. It was SO sweet!


One last picture before Gramma left. Hope it's not so long before we see her again!

5 comments:

Wright said...

Do you have a secret identity? Are you and Jesus really one in the same? Pics #1 and #2 are suspicious...

Sariah said...

OMGosh, Jenni! I almost peed my pants for reals with that Jesus comment! So true! Good eye!

Stefanie said...

Hahahhahaa!!! I know isn't that the funniest!! We totally laughed when we looked at the pictures.

Leighana said...

haha. i was just about to say what jenni said... are you jesus?!

eva said...

I love the picture of your mom's hands playing the piano! I have a picture of Madison and Jordan's hands playing together.